WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Monday 29 August 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow

Make It Masculine

Vintage Spitfire

Good morning everyone, wow what a busy weekend it was.  It was my eldest son's birthday,  Liam turned 12 years old and apart from Swimming, playing Soccer and Cricket his passion is to read about World War I and II as well as following Manchester United Soccer Team and of course the
New Zealand All Black Rugby Team.

I finished Liam's birthday cards late Friday evening, I had purchased this Vintage Spitfire from Delicious Doodles and thought that this was the perfect image for him.  I really pleased how his card turned out. but for the life of me I wasn't sure what I would use for the embellishments especially for a boys card and at that age you can't use flowers.  I looked in my local scrap booking store but they had nothing I could use,  so I came home and made some my self.
Vintage Spitfire from Delicious Doodles

Today I'm entering my card into Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge which is

Make It Masculine
This is the very first time for me to enter this challenge and it won't be the last as it looks very interesting and I do hope my card is Vintage enough to qualify for this challenge.


This is the added ribbon at the bottom of the card and the circle represent the circles that are on the Spitfire and on the wings.

I made this to represent the the Medals and the Air Force Stripes that have been awarded and are on the Pilots lapel.

Card Recipe:
Base: White SU
Card: Navy Blue Bazzill, Gunmetal Grey Paper
Design Paper: Samantha Luck Camouflage Paper (Thanks Sharon for your help on that).
Image: Vintage Spitfire from Delicious Doodles
Colour Medium: Copics, Gold and Silver Gel Pens
Tools: Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Glass finish for the Cockpit 
Embellishments: Ribbons and Brads from my stash.

Happy Crafting everyone

Hugs

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Kathie, this is just amazing....great colouring and your embellishments are fabulous.
Wonderful card...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card, I love it, well done!!!

Heide said...

Kathie,
WOW! What a great guy card, love the vintage aircraft. Love the camo- paper too. How creative, what you did with the ribbon. My older had his birthday this weekend too. He turned 14 and had to go to his sister soccer tournament in another town. Bummer for him. Happy Birthday to Liam. Thanks for joining us at SCH.
Hugs, Heide

Patti P. said...

Kathie, I am so happy to see you at Sugar Creek Hollow, I know you will love this site. I have loved it ever since I first played with them and since being on the dt, it is even more wonderful. Love the vintage, shabby chic and the fun challenges that we do. I am so in love with your card and hope that Liam loved it as well. So creative and your ribbons are so wonderful, but you are always thinking outside of the box. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work here at Sugar Creek Hollow....welcome!

Patti SCH/DT