WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Thursday 23 May 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #207-60 Sponsor Elisabeth Bell Designs




Good morning everyone and welcome to another wonderful
Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
I'm sorry that I'm late posting my card but it was Mother Nature calling.  We had a storm with very heavy rain, thunder, lightning and hail.  At the time my darling hubby was coming back from overseas and about to land at Auckland Airport.  He said that flying through that the passengers went very quiet and the turbulence wasn't the best.  Because of this storm I haven't had Internet access since Tuesday afternoon and I have just got it back now Thursday lunchtime. 

Congratulations to our winner Janice and to our Top 3 cards awesome work ladies.

I had an accident yesterday and I wonder how many of you have done this or was it just me.  I was refilling one of my Copic Ciao's  you know with the large needle, I had trouble getting it into my copic and missed with a little force I managed to ram it down through the top of my thumb to my knuckle oh did it hurt and I then had to pull it out.  I think I might take myself off to the doctor as it's very sore and swollen.
  So please don't do what I did........ I was using the Copic Booster to fill my pens.....
COPIC Markers, Inks & Accessories: Copic Various Ink Booster   

This week we have a blast from the past sketch and using Elisabeth Bell Designs.

Sketch #207-60 

Here is this weeks card using Miss You Love You.


Here's my blast from the past using this same sketch on
 28th July 2010.


A little bit about Elisabeth Bell Designs

Elisabeth Bells Digital Collection features enchanting, whimsical, Digital stamps for all of your paper-crafting projects!
Although Elisabeth illustrates for several stamp companies, no one except Elisabeth Bell herself has a collection of sweet digital stamps, this is a perfect way to get your instant gratification.

With a growing catalog of high-quality digi stamps, Elisabeth offers a multitude of themes. Such as holidays, special occasions, children's adorable characters, and just the everyday cuteness that Elisabeth is famous for producing.

These Digi Stamps are available in standard black and white line art, and are great for resizing, and rotating to suite your needs.

Inspiration, by her very own Design Team, is posted, and shared daily, on Elisabeth’s “Digi Bells Blog” using Elisabeth Bell’s digital art.


The Grand Prize this week:

 2 digis from the three that we here at the
Design Team have chosen to use!


Little Miss Mouse

Merry Weather


 Miss You Love You


You can check out Elisabeth Bell's amazing images here


Digi Bells Blog



Don't forget to drop by our wonderful design team over at 
Sweet Sketch Wednesday
and check out what they have created this week using Elisabeth Bell's images.

Challenges I'm Entering:



Card Recipe:
1. Base: Aqua Blue Kaisercraft Card
2. Coloured Card: Cocoa, Bon Bon Bazzill, and Aqua BlueKaisercraft Card
Design Papers: PrairieLane and Timeless Collections.
4. Image: Miss You Love You by Elisabeth Bell Designs.
5. Colour Medium: Copics and silver gel pen.
6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Squares, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Tacky Glue.and leafy die from Cherry Lynn Designs





7. Embellishments: Crochet flower and flowers from my stash using my leaves from a Cherry Lynn Designs.  



8. Embellishments: Cream lace and Aqua Blue ribbon all from my stash.




Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.

Hugs


19 comments:

mulberry station said...

Well Kathie, I haven't done it with the Copic refills but I took a zig zag slice out of my finger when I was putting on a new blade to my paper cutter the other day. I thought I was going to have to go get stitches. LOL. I hope you are ok. I am sure that really hurt. I am glad you are ok...when you didn't have your post up, I was a little worried. I don't know if you have heard about the tornado that hit Oklahoma...I hate wind so much. It destroyed 13000 homes and killed at least 24 people so far.
Your card is gorgeous and I love the beautiful trim you used on your card. I really love the crocheted piece with the flowers. Your papers are awesome. Well, I hope your finger heals quickly.
Hugs, Nancy

Jac’s Playground said...

A beautiful card, love the colours and gorgeous papers and flowers, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Vicky said...

Wow a gorgeous card Kathie!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck

hugs Vicky xxx

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie, I was wondering why you hadn't posted your gorgeous card. Love this image and your color choice. That lace is beautiful. Sorry to hear about your Copic accident - I know I am always holding my breath when I am refilling mine. I would have it checked it if warm and swollen because I'm sure it was not sterile and it is a rather large needle and can easily be infected. Who would have thought crafting can be so dangerous?

Chrissy said...

Oooo..that sounds nasty Kathie,beter that checked..take care.
Gorgeous card, love the image and colouring, very pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Circles" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

Jeannie said...

Another good reason to switch to ProMarkers...just kidding! So sorry about the accident! Your creation this week is as sweet as can be, that lace is gorgeous, and I really like the crocheted piece with the flowers.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Heide said...

Oh Kathie,
Glad everyone is okay and your power is back on and I am cringing when I heard about the copic refill story.
Your card is just darling love the papers and the image reminds me a a Holly Hobbie doll that I just had to have when I was a kids. Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs, Heide

Linda Anderson said...

How's your hand? Hope it's done hurting for you. What a beautiful card!! Love the lace and flowers. What a fun vintage feel too.

Linda

Sally Dube said...

Gorgeous card Kathie - I just imageine this sweet little girl is waiting for a train to take her on a wonderful adventure... I am so sorry you had such an awful experience with refilling your marker... I hope it is healing well!! There is a store near where I live that will fill Copic markers for $1.00 - Which I think is a WONDERFUL BARGAIN!!
Blessings to you Kathie!!
Sally

Rach83 said...

Oh Kathie, I'm still wincing at your story! OUCH!!

Your card is gorgeous and I really like the colour combo you've used. Great image and expertly coloured. Your ribbon and lace are beautiful too.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Rachel x

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - such a sweet image - thanks for sharing for the Fab 'n' Funky 'ribbon and/or lace' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Jackie said...

Super cute cards, I love the coloring on the entire bunch! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon!

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

Unknown said...

This is lovely! Love the coloring and how You interpreted the sketch! Well done!
Have a nice day, Kathie!

Paper Panda said...

What a sweet card, I love the image and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mandy x (PPCC DT)

CraftinGranny said...

Fantastic take on the sketch and design. This image is adorable and colored so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House Australia. "Hugs" Carol

Joanna M. said...

Oh Kathie ... yikes! I gulped reading your description. I hope your thumb is better now. I've never done that but I DID just slit my thumb with my rotary cutter, cutting fabric for a quilt. OUCH. I loved both cards this time and your one from 2010.

Mary said...

See - who knew the love of papercrafting was a dangerous hobby?! Great work on the card!