Good morning and welcome to my blog and to
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Congratulations to our winner and to our Top 3 cards, great work everyone and it was lovely to see so many more cards.
This week I've used an image called Happy Holiday by our sponsor Meljen's Designs.
Sketch # 37
This week our sponsor is Meljen's Designs and I've used Happy Holiday. Such a great image for those Holiday cards.
I've tried to make a positive and a negative card by using the one die which I'll show you soon. I bought the die some time ago but haven't had to opportunity to use it as I didn't have the right sketch but I feel that this sketch worked perfectly for this die.
This week our sponsor is
My name is Melissa Jenkins, and I am a homeschooling mommy and wife to my best friend. We have two children, two cats and three hermit crabs. When I'm not drawing, I love spending lots of time with my family cuddling on the couch, playing games, going for walks, fishing, visiting the park & the zoo, collecting postage stamps, or just plain watching movies.
I've been an artist as long as I can remember - and I am inspired by everything around me. All of my digital stamp designs are inspired by my children (and husband!) and things they do, our cats, things we see on nature walks and daily 'adventures', or memories I have of my childhood. Animals too - I love animals! Art is an uplifting thing for me, and I love designing cute tidbits of art that makes people smile.
I draw all of my little creations by hand. A lot of love goes into my art! Each of my designs is sketched in pencil, inked with a black Micron pen, then scanned in and lightly cleaned up so it will look crisp when you print it.
I LOVE inspiring crafters. I am not very talented at making cards myself, so I LOVE seeing all of the beautiful things that you make with my digital stamps. I couldn't ask for a better blessing!
Melissa is offering our very lucky winner 4 (non coloured) digital images of the winner choice from her online store.
Don't forget to take a moment and check out what our wonderful design team have created for you this week using Melissa's images over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Challenges I'm entering:
1. Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Bazzill Ruby Slipper and Pondarosa Green
3. Image: Happy Holiday by Meljen's Designs
4. Colour Medium: Copics and Silver Gel Pen
5. Tools: Cuttlebug, Embossing folder, Nestabillities Die, Lace Circle and Irnamental Lace Die from theMadiline Collection, Pop Dots, Glue Dots.
6. Embellishments: Red ribbon, Silver Gems, and Red Gems.
7. This is the die that I used from Couture Creations Madeline Collection Lacy 8. When you use it, it cut two pieces the outside piece which I use from my first card with a Lacy Circle from Spellbinders and the middle circle I used in my second card and it was the inner circle and I just used a spellbinders classic circle.
Here is the die.
8. Inside card number 1 with the use of the our square shape and circle inside and I used a lacy circle and a plan classic circle.
9. Inside my second card, using the inside of the die with a classic circle.
Take card everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.