WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Thursday 6 April 2023

BLACK & WHITE SKETCH #251

 Welcome bloggers to my blog.  Well today was very
 Black & White.  I've had a very dear friend who has been suffering from Parkinson's for the last 7 years.  She had a very aggressive form which was unfair and very curl to watch her fade away but she still had a brilliant brain.  She applied for Youth in Asia (Assisted Dying Service) and it was finally approved so she could pass when she was ready in her time without her family having to worry about her anymore.  I won't dedicate this card to her as I know she loved bright colours when I make it will be for you, Robyn.

Sketch #251



This isn't a hard sketch but it looks like a lot of work, it doesn't take long at all to put together.
Drop by Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what our design team and guest designers have created for you.

Challenges I'm Entering:

Card Recipe:

1. Base: White French Linen card stock.
2. Coloured Card: Bazzill Blackbird
3. Design Papers: By Pavalova Designs both are very old and no longer in business.

4. Image: Unbranded die which I absolutely love and have used it on a lot of cards. 

5. Dies Used:
The main die was unbranded, with Delicate Doilies and Classic Large circles.
6. Embellishments:


7. Inside and the back of the card:


Take care happy crafting and wishing you all a wonderful Easter and stay safe.



9 comments:

anne said...

So sorry you have lost a dear friend Kathie. Lovely card as always.
Love and Hugs
Anne xx

Donna Walls said...

Very pretty and classy, and such a sweet card. Thanks for entering our challenge at The Paper Funday and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card and love all the beautiful papers you used for a great design and layout.So sorry about your very brave friend
Carol x

Chris said...

You have designed a beautiful card using your lovely sketch. Fabulous die cuts and it looks so elegant in black and white.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n' Funky
Chris
x

Jana Forrest said...

I am sure that your friend greatly enjoyed what ever you made/dreamed up craft wise. Thank you for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

MortiCraft said...

Very sorry to hear about your friend.
Your black and white card is very lovely. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Donna Ellis said...

Please accept my sympathies regarding your dear friend. Some diseases are excessively cruel. I'm glad she was given some control over such a devastating illness. Kathie, I saw your card at the Paper Funday challenge and had to stop by because it is so incredibly striking! I want to case it. BTW, some people claim that Black is actually all the colors put together, hidden inside the dark coloring. I thought it might be appropriate for your friend, since she enjoyed brilliant colors. Flair Cleaners describes it this way: "In physics and on the light spectrum, black is the absence of color. However, in art, black is the presence of all colors. In printing, black is one of the colors needed to produce other colors. In fashion, black is almost magical."
I hope it was ok to share that!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Lovely monochrome card, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous and so stylish card, love all the details and how you've made the sketch. Thank you for joining The Male Room Challenge 173 - Stencil and/or Dies, welcome joining our new Animals challenge also.