WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 2 February 2011

To My Prince With Love Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #87

To My Prince With Love

Well yesterday my eldest Prince Liam left for boarding school, it was such a busy few weeks before hand getting all of his clothing and uniform with embroidered labels sewen into them and then yesterday morning completing the final pack.
Here is a Photo of Liam just before we left home yesterday afternoon, it was very hot and sticky and a Blazer and Tie didn't help matters much.  I really thought I would be really tearful and had to be strong for him, I haven't shed a tear yet but maybe tonight when I go to cook dinner or check on him in his room.

Liam 1st February 2011 off to Southwell Hamilton
11 years 5 months

Today is Wednesday and we all know now that means Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
We have had another awesome sketch to work with this week from our very own talented Arlana Patten

Sketch # 87
 by Arlana Patten

This week our sponsor is Melissa Jenkins from 
Meljen's Designs 

Meljen's Designs is a lovely stamp company owned and illustrated by Melissa Jenkins. She illustrates whimsical digital images inspired by her kids and family. The Meljen's Designs store officially launched on April 1 and is steadily growing! Meljen's Designs has new releases along with a new challenge every Thursday, freebies every Monday and a Guest Designer each month at the Meljen's Designs Blog. Please visit the Meljen's Designs line of stamps at the WHIMSY STAMPS STORE to browse and enjoy Melissa's wonderful images!



Melissa is offering our very lucky winner this week
4 Digital Images of your choice
It's going to be hard to pick just 4 as there are just so many wonderful images to choose from.  So take a brake and have a look at Melissa's site.

http://www.meljensdesigns.com/
http://meljensdesigns.blogspot.com/

 

Please take a break and have a look at what my fellow design team members over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday  have design for you this week using Melissa's images.

                                                                       Card Recipe:
Base: White SU Card Stock.
Boards: Red, Dark Green and Bright Green Bazzill.
Design Paper: Abstract Snowdots

Image: Prince Frog from Meljen's Designs
Colour Medium: Copics, Black Embossing Pen and a Gold Gel Pen.
Tools: Ink green, Glass Finish for the heart, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Circle & Cuttlebug Heart embossing folder,
 Pop Dots, Glue Dots.
Embellishments: Ribbon, Flower, Heart Button and Gold braid, and gold gems for the crown  from my stash.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week of crafting and a great weekend.
Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments.


13 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Your son looks so handsome!

Love your card hun - the colors really pop and I love the flower and heart details.

Deanne :)

Linda Anderson said...

Hugs to you Kathie! I keep telling my oldest he MUST go away for college, but I know I will cry and miss him terribly when he does.

Your card is the sweetest!! A fun frog image, perfect for Valentine's Day. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Linda

Genevieve said...

Gorgeous card Kathie, I love the heart behind the wee frog. I admire you for being so strong seeing your son of to boarding school & I hope he settles in quickly.
Have a great week :)

Tc
Genevieve.

mulberry station said...

Your son is very handsome! I don't know how you can send them off like that. I don't think I could do it. I would be crying. When My youngest daughter left, I cried for hours. Your one strong gal!
Kathie, your colroing is amazing on this card. I love all your detail. Everything is so beautifully done. The red and green is very striking together. Love that little heart in the center of your flower too.
Thanks again for your sweet email last week. I can't even begin to tell you how much it meant to me.
Hugs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, I just love this image, and your card is super duper, thanks for the inspiration!!

Jeannie said...

What a handsome young man you have there, you should be proud!
Your card is adorable, love this little froggie. Your new blog is is beautiful as well!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Kathie this is fabulous! Love that paper behind the image - a wonderful accent on this card. The colors are really vibrant and make this such a happy card. Hope you're still holding up after sending off Liam to school - he looks so handsome in your picture - no doubt your pride and joy. Have a wonderful week - I'll be thinking of you.
Hugs,
Sharon

sweetbloominscraps said...

Oh Kathie, I think I would be crying right now! I'm not sure how a Mother survives those moments! What a handsome young prince! Your Prince Frog is adorable too. I thought you were very clever to use crystal effects on your hearts. And your crown is rather stunning! Your papers couldn't be more perfect. I forgot about my small heart embossing folder until you used it on this card! The heart on your flower is the perfect accent too! Your green flower looks like a lily pad! So perfect!

Arlana 11426 said...

Hello Kathie, It was so fun to see that you used the frog too. I so loved how you colored him up and your embossing is just so perfect. I love the reds with your greens. What a handsom son. I would have a hard time letting him go with out crying. Dont know how you did it. Have a sweet day!!!

melody said...

what a handsome son you have there ~ fabulous pic!
and what a rawkin card chickie! lovin your colored image..and the those scrumptious background papers ~ awesome work!

Tinie said...

Beautiful card, Kathie!! Love the colors and the frog image.
Thank you for your nice comment on my card!
The diecut is not a nestabilities but a creatable from Marianne Design. It is now for sale here in the Netherlands. Isn’t it lovely?
groetjes Tinie

Heidi said...

Kathie-
Your card is so cute! I love the Abstract snow dots paper!

I hope you are doing okay with your son at boarding school!

World Cup Cricket Starts soon! We will be watching! (Go England :-) and Black Caps!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathie, just stopping by to say hi and WOW love your card! so cute... love the photo of your son! my son is 14 and just choosing options! Hey don't blink you son will be 14 before you know it! Ekkkkk! hugs Samantha :0)

Ps I love the sketch too! and have played along :0)