WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #160

Stella "Another Drink"

 
Welcome everyone here it is another wonderful Wednesday and my boys are home for their 3 week school holiday break.  It's so nice having them home and being able to do things together.


Today is my Anniversary with Sweet Sketch Wednesday, I've been on the design team for 2 years this week and the funny part about it is, is that BUGABOO DIGI STAMPS were our sponsor on my first week on the design team.


Sketch #56 for Sweet Sketch Wednesday 
30th June 2010
Here is my card I made for Sketch # 56 on Wednesday 30th June 2010.  I had been entering into SSW each week for some time and I was so excited and proud that I had been chosen for this amazing Design Team and we couldn't do it without Arlana,  Nancy and Judi you are all such amazing sisters and thanks so much for including me into your great team.



Congratulations to our winner and our Top 3 cards, what wonderful work ladies, so many great images, colours, design papers and embellishments.


This week we have another wonderful sketch by Arlana and I know you'll love this one as much as I did.


Sketch #160 

 Here's my card using Stella and Another Drink.
Don't you just love this image.  I had so much fun making my card.  My brother asked me to make a card for a 70th birthday party him and his wife are going too.  I've never met the lady so I'm unsure if she may take offence at this image.  She's a friend of my brother so I feel that she'll have a 
sense of humour just like him.  




This week our sponsor is 
BUGABOO DIGI STAMPS


Here's a note from Jodie the owner of 
Bugaboo


Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. TodayBugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!

If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps stamps at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug.

You can catch the Bug here:


Catch the bug Challenge 
  
Blog: http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/



The winner of this weeks challenge will win


Wouldn't that be great I wouldn't know what images to choose as there are just so many images to choose from as I just adore her images.  Have fun creating and I can't wait to see your creations.


Don't forget to drop by our wonderful Design Team and check out what they have created especially for you this week and say good bye to some of our team over here at
 Sweet Sketch Wednesday.


Challenges I'm entering:
Digi Darla' Challenge #17 Summer Time
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #166
 
I used the Burgundy Bucket and Gold/Cream Ribbon and the Polka Dots.


Pile It On Challenge # 26 Make Your Own Embellishments
Own Embellishments: Frame with Ribbon and Gold Thread, Cream Flower and Cream Roses


Love to Create Challenge #21 Anything Goes


Make It Monday Challenge #95 with Cupcake Cards and Craft 


2 Sisters Challenge #97 Anything Goes

Delightfully Anything Goes


Fat Pages and Cards Challenge Anything Goes

Card Ingredients:


1. Base: White SU card stock.
2. Coloured Card: Burgundy Kaisercraft card.
3. Design Papers: All handmade papers from Rosie's Studios.
4. Image: Stella Another Drink from Bugaboo.
5. Colour medium: Copic's, Silver Gel Pen, Black embossing pen.
6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Square and Lacy Square, Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Tacky Glue, Glossy Accents, Kindy Glitter.
7. Embellishments: 


Kaisercraft  Burgundy Rose and other assorted handmade roses and flowers I've made, gold thread and cream and gold ribbons all from my stash.




Take care everyone happy crafting and creating.


Hugs


Hugs

26 comments:

Scrappin Mama said...

WOW! That is just tooo cute I love the flowers they are gorgeous!! Your olives are so cute in the glass. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's Challenge this Week! Hope to see you back

Heide said...

Happy Anniversary Kathie!
Love your card this week, it is a crack up. Your ribbon treatment is great and so is your coloring. Seeing your older work is fun. Have a good week.
Hugs, Heide

mulberry station said...

Ohhh Kathie, Happy anniversary. You are an amazing lady!! We love having you on the Design Team. You card is stunning. I love how you wove the ribbon through the nestie. The touch of gold woven through it is gorgeous too. Your papers are soo beautiful. I really love them.
Yes, it was actually Erika's daughter's b-day on Sunday. They celebrated on Saturday. She was so excited to be 4. She is really a cute little girl. The other card is for my grand daughter who lives in New York.
Enjoy having your boys home. That is wonderful to be able to spend time with them.
It is hot here and we really need some rain. I am praying that it will come soon. Have a wonderful week! We love having you on the team. Happy Aniversary!!!!
Hugs, Nancy

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh wow - this card is such a knockout - just love the color combo and the frame you embellished is fab. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Kathie!! Wow, this is such a fun card! Stella is awesome! LOL!! Love the little peek a boo card too. Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Darla's this week!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love this image and the way you colored "Stella"!
Your card is GORGEOUS. I love the way you made your frame! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's.

Michele said...

I just love your "Stella and another Drink" card! Love the gold and red together! Very wonderful card and I'm sure your brother's friend will love it! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's this week!!

Tina said...

very cute, love both cards...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Crafting Vicky said...

Congratulations on being on the team for 2 years! That's amazing.

Just loooove your creation that ribbon around the frame is awesome and she's so fun! I'm sure that your brother's friend will like it. It's a stunning and yet funny at the same time card.

Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Patti P. said...

Happy Anniversary girl, you are such an asset to the team!
I will miss you so much, but no fear, I will email you and we will stay in touch.
I love your card, Stella is always fun! The frame with the thread and ribbon is gorgeous. Such a beautiful design.
hugs and thanks so much for all of your kindnesses and support.
Love you.

Jeannie said...

I love Stella and all of your fun embellishments and ribbon are so perfect! Happy Anniversary ~ It is very fun to create with you!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana 11426 said...

Kathie you are just so sweet. We love having you as part of the team. We couldn't do it with out you. You always have great suggestions. You have really dolled this card up. Your so creative. I love the added ribbon to the nesti. Have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana

Linda Anderson said...

Ahhhh Stella, a woman after my own heart! If that was a margarita, I'd be in heaven if I were her!!! Hehehe! Love all your wonderful touches. Simply perfect.

Linda

craftin-dawn said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors! the embellies you used and the image is great!! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Darla's!

Lisa Minckler said...

I am nuts about Bugaboo images and I had the best time admiring all your tiny details that made the image even MORE amazing. The little details to her glasses..OMGosh, I remember my grandmother's pair just like that. The shimmer of the glass, it's all so cute! Great card :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really awesome card, your attention to detail is amazing!! Great job! Thanks for joining us a Digi Darla's!!

Simple and Sweet said...

Happy anniversary Kathie! Your card is so much fun and. I love how you used the ribbon! Your cards are always a lot of fun! It has been a lot of fun working with you again!
Erika

Chris (catt871) said...

This is great! Stella looks right at home in that glass! CUTE! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create challenge this week!
Hugs,
Chris

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

You've just gotta love Stella! LOL. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's this week. Please join us again soon. xx Rachelle DDC DT

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Kathie, this is stunning, I love the combination of burgundy white and gold. So elegant.

Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week. I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card.... thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge this week! Jo xxx

Crafty and Green said...

Great Card!! Made Me Smile!! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! We Really Appreciate your Support & your Creativity! Please Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

V's Sweet Ideas said...

wow! Beauitful card! Great job and thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's Challenge

Unknown said...

Wow I love your work, I love you lady in the glass, she's great xx... thanks for joining in at Fatpages and Cards with attitude xx

Deanne Saunders said...

What a great card!!! That Stella is one awesome gal!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!!
~DEANNE~

Sharon Basel said...

Kathie you do Stella like no other! This is incredible with the crystal lacquer effect. A really terrific card that just makes me chuckle!

Hugs,
Sharon :)