WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Friday 9 August 2019

Happy 18th Birthday


Good morning and welcome to my blog.  
Today I'm sharing one of two cards I made for my sons 
18th Birthday.  You would think I would be a pro at masculine cards as I have a husband, two sons and a male cat, but I find it so hard making masculine cards.
With feminine cards, you can make them pretty with ribbons, flowers, gems and lace.  But with the boy's cards is so different especially when you have a son that doesn't like a lot of colour and into a minimalist look.  So here's my effort and he did like it, he thought it was elegant.

Challenges I'm Entering:

Card Recipe:

1. Base: White French Linen
2. Coloured Card: Black Bazzill and Silver Card
3. No design Papers
4. Sentiment: Computer generated
5. Embellishments: 18 from Silver Card and Black Gems
6. 18: From Cuttlebug Font


7. Tools Used:

8. Inside and the back of the card.

Take care and happy crafting.


15 comments:

Suze said...

Great masculine card. Happy Birthday to your son.

Lisa Lynn said...

Wonderful card for your son. Love the metallic 18 and the layers. Perfect for an elegant masculine card that will surely be a keepsake.

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

Linby said...

It's a brilliant design - well done.
Thanks for sharing with them at The Male Room 6th birthday challenge.
Linby x
DT

anne said...

This is a brilliant design Kathie, I may have to 'borrow' it sometime.
Hugs
Anne xx

Nancy said...

Love your card, and indeed masculine cards are tough! Unfortunately, your card won't qualify as one of our winners this time, as it doesn't meet the requirements of our rules at Seize the Birthday. I hope you will play along again though.

TheOverthinkingCrafter said...

Great card - direct and to the point :) Thanks for joining Lets craft and create. Tammy DT

Connie Can Crop said...

Perfect card for an 18 year old dude!! Love it! Thanks for entering and good luck to you! DT Connie @ Crafty Gals

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful project! Thank you so much for playing along at Creative Moments!
Crafty hugs

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fabulous design to celebrate a big birthday Kathie. Brilliant hun. Thanks for sharing it with us at Southern Girls. Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

sallysbitz2 said...

A perfect masculine card x

I agree with you. Cards for women are so much easier.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Jana Forrest said...

Kathie I just love your card. Very creative. Thanks for joining us over at Southern Girls Challenge. DT~Jana Forrest

crafty said...

A lovely design. Thank you for joining in the Dragonfly Dreams challenge.
Mary

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great CAS birthday card for the young adult! Thanks for joining us at MIUCB
Tina dt

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Let’s Craft and Create Challenge, hope to see you again :)