WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Sunday 11 August 2019

Delphinium


Good afternoon blog friends and today I'm sharing a card with you that I made at the end of July with one of my very favourite flowers Delphinium's and they grow in some amazing colours.
My sister ordered 3 cards for her close friends birthdays as she won't be in Cairns Australia this year to celebrate their special days.  So I told her to go to my blog and have a look at previous cards I've made and designs and see if any of them inspired her and knowing her friends what colours they would like.
Well, she did that and chose a card I had made in October last year and wanted that card for her friend Ginny, but unfortunately, I had given it away to a friend of mine here in New Zealand for her birthday.  I never make the same card twice as each of my cards is originals.  So I made the same card with the same sketch which was my design anyway and the same design paper but decided to use a different coloured backing card.   I'm so glad that I did as I feel that the second card I made turned out better than my original card.  I think all the girls are going out tomorrow in Cairns Australia for lunch before my sister leaves for her trip.

Here is the sketch that I used over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 back in October last year.

Here's the card I made in October last year, yes there's a big difference, one is darker this one is more pastel shades.

Challenges I'm Entering:

Card Recipe:
1. Base: White French Linen card stock.
2. Coloured Card: Bazzill Pear and American Craft Saphire 
3. Design Papers: Kaisercraft Wondering Ivy

and First Edition Bionical Notes

4. Image: Delphinium by Delicious Doodles


5. Colour Medium: Copics

6. Tools Used:

7. Dies Used: Spellbinders Classic Circle Large and Large Petite Scalloped Circle.


8. Embellishments Used:
Sage Flocked Ribbon, Cream Pearls and a Sage Green Brad.


9. Inside and the back of the card. 

Happy crafting everyone.


9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie, this is gorgeous and I understand why she chose it. Great coloring. You did a great job with the second card and I'm sure that your sister and her friend with both be happy.

anne said...

I was the lucky recipient of the original version of this card Kathie, I have it in a frame to the right of my table in my craft room. I love the sketch you created for this and often use it or an adaptation of it.
This latest card is equally as gorgeous.
Hugs
Anne xx

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Ilonka said...

Such a wonderfull card. Thanks for joining us at the Colour it,Create it,Show it off Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card and flowers, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge ;) Viv DT xx

Alina Florea said...

Very beautiful card!Thank you for sharing with us at "A Perfect Time To Craft", best of luck with your entry.
Alina F DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogs pot.com.au/

Robin Francini said...

Just beautiful! Thank You for joining us over at Get Creative Challenge Blog, Robin DT Member

Karen Dunbrook said...

really stunning looking card...
So glad you came to play along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen

Desire Fourie said...

Kathie this is so beautifully crafted and is perfect for our August challenge. Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Color It Create It Show It Off Challenge DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Love the flower ensemble