WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Lilybean Fairy # 3

Lilybean Fairy # 3
Good morning it's another beautiful morning here in New Zealand the sun is shinning, it's a little cool and you know it's Autumn. The wonderful Autumn colours of the trees and the leaves are falling on the ground. I look over to a beautiful tree we have out of my kitchen window and it 's the shades of burnt orange the same as my card. We have about 500 trees around me on our property and all of them are different this time of year. My card today is for Colour Create Challenge # 43 Burnt Orange, Black and Cream these colours are completely out of my comfort zone but I've really enjoyed making this card. Having only boys you would think I would be use to these colours.LOL
Card Recipe:
  • Base cream SU card stock
  • Black paper from Craft Creations
  • Burnt Orange Bazzill Basics Paper (Saltillo) colour
  • Patterned paper be loved "Beautiful Branches by My Mind's Eye. After I bought the paper I noticed little love hearts on the paper which matched the hearts in Lilybean's hat and hand.
  • Lilybean Fairy is #3 in the series by Pollycraft Designs and Lilybean has been coloured with Copic Markers and Versa Colour Ink
  • Cream Lace and Pearls and Burnt Orange ribbon are from my stash
  • Cuttlebug and Nestabilities Square

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and this Sunday in New Zealand is "Mother's Day"

Hugs to everyone

3 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Kathie and I love those 'out of your comfort zone colours' :D. they're lovely! Gorgeous image and colouring and a great design too. It's so hard to imagine that you're looking at the autumn leaves when our trees are only just coming into leaf! Hope you're well and have had a good week. Chris xxx

Chris said...

Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow, I hope you're spoiled rotten, as you should be. Chris xx

Cassie said...

Hi Kathie! We DID use the same paper, haha. . .I love that paper. Five hundred trees?! Your place sounds wonderful!

Thanks so much for your encouragement. . .it means the world. It makes me sad when kids get the raw end of the deal. They rely on us adults to make it better and find out what's wrong. I remind myself that it is all in God's timing. Have a very blessed day ;)