WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Spring Vase


Good morning and welcome to my blog.  Well last week I was saying how warm our long hot summer had lasted and this week is totally the opposite. Easter weekend was 23 Celsius and people were swimming at the beach.  On Monday night in the South Island of New Zealand it snowed and the cooler temperatures came our way.  I woke up to 5 Celsius on Tuesday morning and by 9.30 am when I was taking the cat to the vet is was a whole 9 Celsius.  During the day it did warm up but again last night it was cold again and snowing in parts of the South Island.  My friends new home in Queenstown which they only shifted into on Saturday is snow white covered in snow.  These temperatures are every early for this time of year and a wee bit of a shock to the system.

Congratulations to our winner and to our Top 3 cards awesome work everyone there were so many beautiful cards and all your talents amaze me each week with what you produce.

This week we have another great sketch to use up those odd pieces of design papers we all have hanging around.  This week I want to have a Vintage feel to my card but find it hard to create Vintage cards as I don't do DISTRESSING of edges very well, I'm a more clean edge person.

Sketch # 51

This sketch is very clean and simple.
Here's my card:



This week our sponsor is 
Sally-Ann Hancock the owner of 

DigiStamp Boutique

Digi Stamp Boutique


Bio:


All images/designs are created and copyright owned by Sally-Ann Hancock.  My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too, often the inspiration for my designs.  Hope you enjoy my images as much as I enjoy creating them.


This weeks prize is a

  £10 voucher 

to spend in the DigiStamp Boutique online store


or enter your card in the DigiStamp Boutique monthly challange



Don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team have created for us this week using Sally-Ann's wonderful images from DigiStamp Boutique over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Challenges I'm entering:

JAI #258
All Sorts Challenge # 306 Bingo = Ribbon, Flowers, Die Cuts
Bingo Theme

Card Recipe:


1. Base: Kraft card
2. Coloured Card: Burgundy Kaisercraft Card
3. Design Paper: Kaisercraft
4. Kraft Paper
5. Image: Spring Vase by DigiStamp Boutique
6. Colour Medium: Copics
7. Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders dies and Cheery Lynn leaf die, gloss accents, pop dots, glue dots.
8. Embellishments: Bird cage, roses, leaf die, Cuddly Buddly sentiment, gold braid, pearls and ribbon all from my stash.
9. Cuddly Buddly sentiment



10. Inside and the back of my card
the inside is decorated like the front and the back is the finishing touch to my card.


11. With my left over scraps I made this little gift card.





Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.


DigiStamp Boutique

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at Whoopsi Daisy, your card is gorgeous, great backing paper,lovely image and great colouring. Fab embellishmens . Jennifer DT member

Malika said...

lovely spring card

malika

Heide said...

Kathie, We must be on the same wave length lately! LOL. Your card is just lovely, that dies are so cute with all the pearls and great color combo. Glad to hear you have your new computer running. I could not even image being with out mine!

Yes, Nic heads out to University in the Fall. He has about 6 more weeks of school until he is done, he will get out of school earlier then the younger kids. He has all his AP exams the first week of May, then he just goes to class and does fun stuff until graduation. He now also needs to get a JOB! I do not want him home all Summer sleeping until noon and playing video games! LOL. His Girlfriend just got a job so this should motivate him, plus he keeps telling us he has no money. He has been tutoring a few kids in Chemistry, but this will be over when school is done. Have a wonderful Week. Hugs, Heide

Michelle said...

A very lovely card with great details.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Hope we see you again and good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Jacee said...

So pretty Kathie, lovely colours, and I love the frame you have used on the image, lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Joanna M. said...

I loved your card this week Kathie. The colors are gorgeous and I DO think that you hit the "vintage" nail on its head. Great job. Sorry to hear about the snow; we had some here this morning too (just a touch but enough to make my sons grumpy about the lack of warmer weather!) Have a great week.
~Jo

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie, Another gorgeous card! Love all your details and great photos. We are finally starting to turn green and see some buds on the trees. Stay warm.

anne said...

Beautiful card Kathie, I have this image too! I like your birdcage embellishment with all the little details.Hope you have a good week x

SASAYAKI GLITTER STAMPS BY NAZ said...

Beautiful work hun. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your passion challenges.
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com.au/
Hugs
Naz xxx

Deonna B said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love all of the details. Thank you for Sharing your work with TTCRD this week and please come and join us again tomorrow for our new Anything goes challenge. I love visitors on my blog: http://ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love all the details you've added.

Thanks for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x