WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 5 August 2015

One Lily


Good morning followers, I can't believe how this week as past by so quickly.  It was only last week I was getting ready for Ryan's birthday and now another week has past by which I'll never get back again.

It's Wednesday which means it's another wonderful 

Congratulations to Lisa Lynn our winner from last week and to our 
Top 3 cards great work everyone.

This week we have another great sketch to show off those wonderful design papers.

Sketch #63

Here's my take on the sketch using this wonderful Lily image from 
A Day For Daisies our sponsor this week.  I've just realised that I used Lilies last week as well that was a vase of them.  

I'm dedicating my card this week to Lily my mother that past away 14 years ago a week before Ryan was born.  In those days she hated her name she thought it was so old fashioned and today so many little girls are being born and being named Lily it's such a pretty name, I so wish I had told my mum that when she was alive.

A sneak preview of the inside of my card.

Yes this week our sponsor is 

Tammy the owner of 
A Day For Daisies 
I alway get so excited when I see that she's our sponsor as I adore her wonderful images and there's just so many to choose from.



Bio

A Day For Daisies began as a small token to a constant need to create. Pairing a love of whimsical illustration, with a tidy graphic design background, Tammy S Thompson, produced her first stamp designs, introducing irresistibly sweet stamps to crafters around the globe. Drawing inspiration from the beautiful world around us, she strives to express the happiness and gratitude she feels in each stamp design she creates.
Presently, A Day For Daisies has grown to over 3,000 Digital Stamps with a quickly expanding line of Best Loved Clear Polymer. A Day For Daisies has been published and awarded over the years for innovative and unique designs created to inspire the crafting community. With a whole team behind her now, she remains passionate about illustration, obsessed with quality, and dedicated to her customers. A Day For Daisies thanks you for your ideas, comments, and creativity!


Prize:

Tammy is offering over very lucky winner 

  $12 Gift Certificate

wow and over 3,000 images to choose from and you can check them all out here.



Don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team have created this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 using 
A Day For Daisies images.


Challenge's I'm Entering:


Card Recipe:


1. Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Kasiercraft Card Grape
3. Design Papers: Kasiercraft 6x6 pad Violet Crush
4. Image: One Lily by A Day For Daisies
5. Colour Medium: Copics



6. Embellishments: Gems, Ribbon, Buckle and Insert from my stash and from Kaisercraft Violet Crush 6x6 pad.


7. Dies Used

8. Fiskars Corner Lace Punch


9. Tools Used


10. Inside my card and the back of the card.



Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.


21 comments:

stampingvickisvisions said...

Beautiful card! I love Lilies, have many planted around the house and I agree it is a Lovely name!! I love how rhinestones just give the finishing touch with just a bit of sparkle to a card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Vicki DT

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Thank you for you lovely comment on my Pink Turtle from last weeks SSW 2 Sketch. Love your new card and fun sketch for this week. Hope you have fun at Great Barrier Reef in Cairns Australia in October.

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie, your card is gorgeous and I think your Mom still knows how you feel now. This is a wonderful tribute card. Enjoy your week.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow, inside and out your card's always "aah" me! Love your matching papers and sparkles and pointillism. Your Lily looks so real and what a sweet tribute to your Mom! Lily is a beautiful name. It's been just over 10 years since my mom passed away. Many days I wish I could just call her on the phone and visit like we use to do! I'm sure they both know what is in our hearts!
Enjoy your week!
Hugs,
Judi

Jacee said...

Love these gorgeous papers Kathie, so pretty, just my colour, well that and pink, LOL love your design, so pretty, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Wendy L said...

This is a beautiful card , so pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Tanja said...

love your coloring with the dot detail - thanks for sharing your beautiful card at Cupcake Inspirations

Linda Anderson said...

Positively elegant Kathie!! Such a beautiful image. Love your papers and sparkly embellishments.

Linda

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

Heide said...

What a sweet tribute to your Mom, I am sure she would of love this. I too lost my Mom about 13 yrs ago, miss her everyday and wish I could share this with her now.
Hugs, Heide

Mummylade said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathie this is so beautiful.

Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin



Anonymous said...

Great card and fantastic colour work! Thank your for sharing your creation at Craft Your Passion.
Myriam DT

anne said...

This is beautiful Kathie and what a lovely tribute to your mum.Your lily is beautifully coloured and I like the pointillism effect, I might have to have a go at that. Hope you had a lovely time for Ryans birthday xx

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Einat's Art World said...

Lovely card. So pretty. Thank you for joining us at Creative card crew.
Einat DT

Indy's Designs said...

What a beautiful flower! Love the sparkly embellishments! So glad you joined the Embellishment challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Hope you’ll join us this week for our color challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Joanna M. said...

Another gorgeous card Kathie. I love the name Lily too (and you are right, it is SO popular now). It's hard losing a parent right before the birth of a child. I lost my dad just before my youngest was born. I don't think that you can ever have too many Lily cards. Have a great week.

Nikki Stalker said...

Pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Julie Odil said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you colored that lily. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes with optional twist - wings - challenge this month at DigiStamps4Joy. Julie, DT member