WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Thursday 15 April 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday #45 ' TULIPS'


'TULIPS'

Good morning everyone and we have another wonderful morning here in New Zealand. Well the boys and I are off to have a few Luge rides down a mountain. Unfortunately my dear hubby can't make it as he is really busy at work.
Firstly I would like to thank Arlana from Sweet Sketch Wednesday for such a wonderful sketch. As soon as I saw the sketch I new what Image I was going to use. This is one of the images I coloured whilst at the beach house over the Easter break. All I had to do was match my papers which I knew I would have these colours. While I was looking I came across the Purple and Olive Green variegated paper I bought about two years ago for a card and have never used it, as you do. Well I've got the right design and colours for this paper. I must say this card went together so easily and quick and I am so happy with the finished product I think it looks really pretty, even if I say so myself.
Card Recipe.
  • White SU card for the base
  • Purple and Olive Green Bazzill
  • Mauve and White stripped paper from Craft Creations, Olive Green and White patterned paper from Magnolia and the wonderful Olive Green and Purple variegated shimmer paper I know was American sorry I don't know the brand.
  • The image is Tulip Bowl from our wonderfully talented Chris Dark at Sketching Stamper. Chris I just love your images to colour. Tulip's coloured with Copic's and a White Glaze pen.
  • Cuttlebug and Nestabilities Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle.
  • Lace cut with lace template unaware of the brand and I have used the Olive Green and Purple variegated paper for this.
  • Ribbon and Gems from my stash.
Thank you so much for looking and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. My boys are having their first game of Soccer for the season.

13 comments:

Stacy said...

oh wow Kathie! This is wonderful! Beautiful coloring and paper! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

sweetbloominscraps said...

You should be happy! This card is stunning! I love your papers, border, ribbon and the way you colored your flowers. Thanks for playing again at SSW! It's starting to feel like Spring here today! I am happy for that!

mulberry station said...

WOW!!! I love everything about your card! This is beautiful. Your shading and coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW-DT

Arlana 11426 said...

What a beautiful card. Love your image and the purple colors that you used.All so stunning Thanks for joining us @SSW!!!

Arlana 11426 said...

What a beautiful card. Love your image and purple colors that you used.All so stunning. Thanks for joining us @SSW!!!

mckinkle said...

Lovely card Kathie, great colour combo and yeah, Ive got lots of 'just got to get it' bits that I find that are celebrating their birthdays in my stash!

Keryn x

Do What You Love said...

How beautiful is your card - it is perfect in every sense of the word! I love the way you colored your image and the scallops on the circles are too fine! That border punch - gotta get one! The gold ribbon is the icing on the cake! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful colouring on the flowers, and I love the two-tone circle. The colours are perfect, it's beautiful. Pauline x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I love seeing what you come up! Another beautiful creation!!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

KymKreates said...

What a Sweet card for our Sweet Sketch. Lovely coloring!!!Thank so much for joining us this week at SSW.
Kym Kreates

Jeannie said...

Absolutely gorgeous and thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Chris said...

Hi ya Kathie! WOW! Gorgeous colouring, your shading is lovely and you even did underneath the leaves and flowers overhanging the pot. Great attention to detail and such a very pretty card. The only thing I would mention and it's really, really nit picking is may be go over the flowers once more with the lightest colour, but really it's so good as it is. Hope you're well and talk to you soon, hugs, Chris x